KOREAN AMERICAN HEALTH COALITION
Article I – Name:
The name of the organization shall be the Korean American Health Coalition
Article II – Mission and Function:
A. Mission Statement:
The Korean American Health Coalition’s (Coalition) mission is to improve the Korean Americans’ health and wellness through collaborative planning, community action and policy advocacy.
1. Establish and maintain a regular meeting schedule;
2. Adopt written by-laws;
3. Advise those in service delivery regarding:
b. Long range goals
c. Policies and Procedures
4. Review and update yearly plan on a quarterly basis.
5. Update membership on yearly plan progress.
6. Address program challenges and brainstorm ways to address challenges with the membership.
7. Determine timeline and delegate tasks to membership which will include member sign up and commitment.
8. Members will assist in selecting potential members who will contribute to achieving Coalition’s goals.
Article III – Membership:
A. Korean American Health Coalition will consist of public-private agencies and community advocates who share the Coalition’s vision of establishing a thriving community that is knowledgeable engaged and empowered to make positive health changes and has access to high quality health services.
B. Members shall demonstrate commitment to the Coalition by not failing to attend three (3) consecutive regular meetings without prior notice.
C. Members will contribute their time, expertise and resources to enable the Coalition to fulfill its objectives.
Article IV – Officers and Duties:
1. The officers of the Korean American Health Coalition shall be a chairperson and vice-chairperson.
2. The officers shall be elected annually and assume duties as of August 1st.
1. The Chairperson shall plan the agenda, preside at all meetings of the Korean American Health Coalition, may appoint sub-committees, and perform all of the duties usually pertaining to the office of chairperson.
2. Vice-chairperson shall perform the duties of the chairperson in the absence of or inability of the chairperson to discharge the duties of the office, and perform any other duties as may be determined.
3. Officers shall appoint and enter into an agreement with the Administrative Agent who shall be responsible for the minutes and records of the meetings of the Prevention Committee and shall perform such other duties as may be determined.
Article V – Meetings and Quorum:
1. The Korean American Health Coalition will meet at least quarterly and as often as deemed necessary by the membership.
2. Notice of all meetings shall be sent to all Coalition members so as to reach members prior to a meeting.
1. At all meetings of members, every agency or individual member shall have one (1) vote.
Article VII – Amendments:
A. The by-laws may be amended if the amendment is submitted in writing at the previous regular meeting and 2/3 of those present and voting approve.
B. The amendment goes into effect immediately upon its adoption unless the
motion to adopt specifies a time for its going into effect.
Article VIII – Conflict of Interest:
A. When there appears to exist an actual or potential conflict between the interests (whether personal, financial of fiduciary), the Coalition member shall disqualify him or herself from personally and substantially participating and voting as a member of the Coalition.
B. When a member is uncertain of whether or not an actual conflict or potential conflict of interest exists between their private interests and duties, the member shall raise the question before the Coalition